Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 140 247.8 lbs

Wow what a week. Down 3 1/2 lbs.  I think it's safe to say I'm off the plateau.  Woo hoo!

So that makes 44.2 lbs lost up to this point.  Still can't quite comprehend it, although I did start to feel yesterday like my hips were smaller which is kind of cool.  And for some strange reason I didn't expect this slow fat loss from all over my body all at the same time.  I guess I thought the belly would go flat first and then the hips and thighs etc.  But that's silly of course.  Strange what ideas can creep in and you not even realize it.

Probably the best part about this week is that I managed the weight loss without any exercise whatsoever because of needing to rest my knee.  It's given me a sense of relief that I now know I can keep losing weight even while I spend the next 3 months rehabing my knee.  My chiropractor says it's the ligaments around the knee that aren't keeping it stabilized and in its correct position which then affects the joints above and below the knee.

One thing my last appointment with the chiropractor proved is that part of the pain with the knee is just misalignment, because about half of the pain I was having went away after he adjusted that leg and the lower back/sacral area on that right side.  It continues to amaze me how much misalignments affect me.

So the chiropractor (and I now think he is the best chiropractor in the multiverse - that's multiple universes for those who don't watch the Science Channel :-) says I'll need to wear a knee brace to keep the knee in alignment while it heals over the next 3 months.  I see the physical therapist for the first time on Tuesday so will see which brace he recommends before I buy one.

I also guess I need to go back to wearing my orthotics.  I stopped wearing them because I know I won't strengthen my feet and leg muscles enough to keep me in alignment while wearing the orthotics, but I know it's too soon.  I still weigh too much and need the orthotics to keep me stable so my knee will heal so I can exercise and get healthy so I don't have to wear orthotics!  I always have been the impatient sort, but I don't want to be stubborn about it.  I just want to get well and get healthy-er.

And for those interested in what I ate this week... I still was far from perfect.  There was that one night that I stopped at the gas station on the way to make a visit and got a package of Hostess Cupcakes and some cheetos and then the hawaiian pizza I ate one day.  However it was only a 10 inch pizza and I only had half for lunch and the other half for dinner.  A big improvement over the past when I would eat all of a large pizza in one sitting.

Still, most days I ate just a burger for lunch and maybe some meatloaf for dinner.  But even with the meatloaf I was having a slice of bread.  I just made sure I put plenty of butter on it.  And heaven help me the only vegetables I've eaten this week are the ones on the burgers I buy.  I'm so bad.  Not sure when I'll change that.

I've also had some watermelon this week too and I've stopped at Taco Bell a few times and had a couple of tacos or maybe a steak quesadilla with sour cream.  So as you can see I still eat a lot of fast food, but now I try to stay away for the drinks and shakes and the fries etc.  Without all those extra carbs I don't stay hungry so I eat a lot less.  And while I didn't manage a whole day of fasting again this week, the hunger is still under control.

Oops.  I just remembered the toaster strudels I ate.  Sheesh!  How is it that I manage to lose weight when I still eat so much junk?  Well, I know that I'm eating far less junk than I used to so that helps, but I also think the intermittent fasting has a whole lot to do with it.  The key has got to be in keeping those insulin levels down so I can stay in fat burning mode.  I'll just keep working on improving my diet but not beating myself up for when I don't eat so healthy.  For me it's a good balance right now.  I don't feel like I'm 'dieting' at all or even putting any effort into it and yet the weight keeps burning off.  I'm so happy!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!

    Haven't read your blog before, but find it astounding how much you have achieved. What a journey you're on! I've started following the PB quite recently, and even though it's not a weight loss thing for me, I think all who try to follow the PB do it for their long term health. Keep up the good work! Even though you stray from the blueprint every now and then, it's like you say: Nothing in comparison to before! That's the exact same way for me :) Good luck going forward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you fable! All encouragement is appreciated. And you know I deliberately make sure I write about all of my imperfections so that others know you don't have to ditch your diet just because you ate something that you shouldn't have. I know I was the worst about having that gotta be perfect mentality. Now look where letting all of that go has gotten me. 44 pounds lighter!!!

    ReplyDelete