Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 133 251.4 lbs

(I have got to figure out a better way to title these posts other than day so and so.  Sigh.  I have no imagination.)

SOOO, I finally hit the 40 lb goal.  Only about 3 weeks later than I wanted, but it actually doesn't sound too bad when I put it that way.  The problem was the not knowing if I was just on a plateau or if I'd stopped losing weight entirely.

But that was almost a whole 2 lbs this week even though I was really bad on Sunday and ate a whole bag of Doritos and a whole container of Tostitos cheese dip.  However, Monday I pulled it together and cooked up a bunch of bacon, stopped eating all the extra carbs and got back into the not so hungry mode.  I didn't manage a whole day of not eating, but that's ok.  Just getting this experience of falling of the wagon so to speak, and then getting back on so easily has given me a lot of confidence and a renewed motivation.  (The wagon in this case is not just eating low carb, but getting the hunger back under control.)

Actually, yesterday I did try to do a whole day fast, but got hungry so ate a couple of pieces of bacon in the morning and then got hungry again when I was at the clinic where there isn't much to eat so I had a small handful of almonds and then later a package of crackers and peanut butter.  Then, by 5 PM I was hungry again, but was going to my nephew's high school graduation (and was still trying not to eat much anyway) so decided to stop at Sonic and get some mozzarella sticks.  (Ya know it would be a lot better if I ate some vegetables once in a while.)  Then after the ceremony I had a (small) piece of graduation cake, but that was kind of cool because while it tasted really good, I was actually satisfied with just a small piece which NEVER happened in my former (pre-low carb) life.

So, as you can see, the way I eat is nowhere close to perfect, but the key to dropping the weight, at least for me, seems to be keeping my carbs low enough to keep the hunger under control so that I can do the intermittent fasting which keeps my over all calorie intake for the week less than what I take in.  And I feel it is crucial that I do it low carb and not just low calorie because the low carb keeps the insulin levels low and allows my body to go into fat burning mode.

So all in all it's been a good week and my knee keeps improving, but not to the point where I can exercise yet.  I've got the name of a good physical therapist that I hope to get an appointment with in the next couple of weeks in order to get some advice on how to work with this knee to get it healed and keep it that way.

In the meantime I'm just focusing on the Intu-Flow for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment