Friday, March 19, 2010

Day 49 272.2 lbs

It's official!  Down 20 lbs!

Wow.  20 lbs in 7 weeks.  Whodathunk?  I'm actually trying to wrap my mind around it because it doesn't seem real to me.  I remember how scared I was to start eating this way.  (And thanks to this blog I can actually read what I thought.)  It felt like a leap of faith to start eating fat and I was scared what life would be like to live without all of my favorite junk food.  After all, I'd never been able to beat the extreme hunger and cravings before.

This week I did a 24 hour fast.  It wasn't planned, it was just that there wasn't anything in the house that was appealing and since I wasn't really hungry anyway I just didn't eat.  And just like I've read on other blogs, it was easy.  I really wasn't hungry.  Now I do find that when I first wake up is when I feel the worst so to speak.  Kind of weak and shakey.  Not every day though.  Not today.  I think it has to do with how many calories I manage to get in the day before.  Somedays it is hard to get in a lot of calories, but then I just use that to keep it mixed up.  Other days I try to eat a lot so that my body never knows how many calories it's going to get.

This week I discovered Scott Sonnon and his Circular Strength Training, specifially his Intu-Flow program.
It is the perfect program to help me rehab my knee and the rest of my body that has been so unused and misused all these years.  And thanks to the miracle worker that is my chiropractor, I also became able to go for walks again this week.  Such a simple thing to take for granted until you can't do it anymore without having your whole right side ache for the next 3 days.  And today I plan to ride my bike for the first time in more than 2 years.  (I got it tuned up this week.)

So really a tremendous amount of progress this week and I'm so glad I have this blog, because as I go through the week, one day at a time, progress seems so slow.  I've actually been kind of down this week which is stupid considering all the great progress I've made.  Little, but big things like finding one day that I was sitting crossed leg on my bed in my jeans!  7 weeks ago I couldn't sit cross legged period for more than a minute without having the circulation cut off to my legs.

And food continues to be a struggle.  I'm so limited now from the allergies.  I've had to give up chicken as well since I guess it is too closely related to the egg protein.  I've been using restaurant food to get me by - BBQ pork from Corky's, meatballs from Olive Garden, and taco salads from Casa Mexicana.  I tend to eat the shell though when I eat mexican, but then I just let that be my high calorie day.  Hasn't seemed to hurt since I'm down more than 3 lbs this week.

As for my thyroid program, I've built up to 75 mg of T3 as of today.  I'll start weaning back down tomorrow in preparation for the 2nd cycle as my body temp still likes to hover around 96 degrees a lot of the time.  I had a feeling it was going to take a lot of cycles to get the thing to move.  I also read in Mark Sisson's book, The Primal Blueprint, that while the liver is insulin resistant that it won't convert much T4 to T3 and the only way I know to reverse that is to exercise enough to deplete my glucose stores in the liver.  Thankfully, I'm on my way to starting to be able to do just that.

Will be interesting to see what I can accomplish in the next week.  It is a hospice week though which means I just never know how much time I'll have.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the results! Changing eating habits is hard and the results show that you've stuck with it and made progress. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah. Your comment caught me by surprise for as far as I know, you are the first to visit my blog. Thank you so much for the words of encouragement. I've got such a long way to go that I do find myself getting down from time to time and then I have to give myself a pep talk and tell myself to be patient. Then another week is gone and I'm down another 2 1/2 lbs and the time seems to have flown by. Go figure.

    I popped over to your blog and have added it to my favorites. I enjoyed your post on how to work out when there is no time to work out and I think I will try your idea of descending sets of 5 when I take the plunge into strenght training here in the next couple of weeks. I'll be sure to blog about it and then link back to your site. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete