Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 42 275.8 lbs

8 AM

Yippee!  I was so relieved to see the weight this morning.  I was hoping for at least 277 lbs and I got more than a pound more than that.

I can see that that may be my pattern because I'm finding it difficult to get enough to eat during my hospice weeks.  So twice now I've seen big drops on those weeks and smaller drops on my week off when I have more time to eat.

Having said that, this week, because I would get so hungry sometimes, I went to McDonald's twice and got the Chicken Selects.  The first time I got a 5 piece and used 2 containers of Ranch dipping sauce.  The second time I only got the 3 piece, but I ordered a cherry pie as well, but they were on special for 2 for a dollar so I got that and, gulp, ate both of them.  Real hunger is hard to fight.  That plus monotony of diet.

I did go to Corky's BBQ this week and bought a pound of the pulled pork.  It's very tender, but very lean so I added butter to it and just a little sauce.  Boy was it good.  No, I didn't eat the whole pound in one sitting.  It gave me 3 meals.  Each time I added a little bit more butter even though I felt like I added too much the first time because I'm still getting used to the fact that it is OK to eat fat.  I still ended up feeling like there wasn't enough fat in it, but I bought another pound yesterday so I'll have more chances.

If I can find the time, I'm going to look at some crock pot recipes.  Some of the reading I've been doing suggests that that kind of cooking is closer to the way things used to be cooked.  Richard, over at FreeTheAnimal.com , posts a lot of his meals and he has some crock pot meals that have inspired me.  It's all a question of time and money.  I wish I could eat eggs again as they are cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment