Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 7 285.2 lbs

Up a little in weight this morning. I'm not surprised considering I ate a pound of salty bacon yesterday.

Did my usual 'wake up early then sleep again late morning' routine today. Oh well. At least I'm getting enough sleep albeit broken up.

I had 2 of the hardboiled eggs this morning that I had made yesterday for breakfast along with 1 and a half of the sausage patties. So much for my plan of making enough food for the weekend. I ate all the bacon and only 2 eggs are left now. As for the sausage, I don't like it. I don't know why it tastes so weird, but it does. I think I'm going to check at The Fresh Market and see what they have or I may just make my own since I have a recipe.

Still, things are better. I still don't feel pressured to find recipes for three meals a day. For lunch today I did a protein smoothie made with Jay Robb's vanilla whey protein powder, 1/2 can of coconut milk and one cup of frozen cherries. It was good, but so thick it almost needed to be eaten with a spoon like a pudding and the flavor of the cherries wasn't very strong. Still, it was filling and delicious.

I made meatloaf this afternoon that just got finished cooking. I got the recipe off of Son of Grok. It seems pretty tasty, but there is a lot of liquid around it. I'm not sure how much is fat and how much is water from all the veggies in it. If it doesn't reabsorb, I may try crumbling up some almond crackers next time and putting them in. I read about them on Mike Eades blog yesterday so I'm going to try to find some next time I go to Whole Foods.

Didn't mention it yesterday, but I went all day without using the glutamine and I haven't felt the need for it today either. (It's 3 PM.) That's really exciting to think I'm adapting that well already.

10 PM

Today has been the easiest day so far. No glutamine needed today. I got hungry, but never felt peckish (meaning that feeling like you are in the beginning stages of fainting). One cool thing is that I had some of the meatloaf I made for dinner tonight (which, by the way was ok, but not the best - I will continue to tweak it) and I really wanted a salad with it. And the veggies tasted really good to me. I'm so excited that my taste buds seem to be changing. I hope, hope, hope that this is the answer for me. It sure is looking promising.

Another thing I haven't mentioned is that I do feel more irritable without having the excuse of being tired. I do ok as long as I'm by myself, but when I get around people I have to tamp down my irritation and I'm jittery and anxious too. I guess I need to experiment with the tryptophan more, but not sure I'll have the time to do it while working this weekend. I'll have to wait until Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment