Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 4 288 lbs

No, I'm not going to weigh myself everyday. I'm just curious about the loss of water weight this first week. I'll probably weigh in every Friday.

I had 2 Arkansas raised fried eggs (in butter) this morning and 3 slices of the Arkansas bacon I cooked up yesterday.

I remeasured my waist this morning. It was 49.5 inches. It was 50.5 inches on the first day, so 1 inch of bloat is gone.

My goal for today was to plan meals for the next 2 days. Now it's 2 PM and I've done nothing. I don't know why this is so hard for me. But now I've had lunch ( raw goat cheese, 1/4 orange, raw pistacios, and 1/5 avocado - because I didn't have anything planned for lunch - knocks self upside the head!) so I'm going to try again. I did go ahead and pull out some frozen raw shrimp for tonight as I plan to make shrimp scampi and roasted asparagus, but I've got to come up with something for lunch and dinner tomorrow. Sheesh! The pressure!

8:30 PM

I can't believe how little I got accomplished today. It takes friggin forever to find recipes and plan a few days worth of meals. I realized I have to go ahead and plan for this weekend as I'm running out of time. Yet I haven't even decided what to make let alone found the recipes I want or shop or cook. But I do see a very faint light at the end of the tunnel. Once I have a good core of meals that I like, I can cook and freeze and things will get easier. I'm just afraid of how fast these 3 weeks are going to go.

I made the scampi for dinner. An hour and a half to make and 10 minutes to eat. Sigh. It was decent, but not delicious. At least I have some leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

I am still using the glutamine several times a day when I start to get that weak feeling. I still can't believe how easy this has been. No awful 'detox' symptoms. (Which makes me wonder, what causes those 'detox' symptoms in the first place?) No really bad cravings. It is so great to not have to count calories, measure portions etc etc. I just get to eat as much as I want, which is decreasing each day. A small ray of hope is creeping in. Could this really be the time? Will I actually lose the weight this time? I'm so tired of battling this weight. I've been at it since I was 19. I've been through every diet recommendation change since the 80's. I was so confused. I didn't know what was healthy anymore. Then last year when I tried eating Paleo and it didn't work, I just didn't know what to do. I so believed in the theory - that we should eat the way we evolved to eat. But now I know it was the low fat part that didn't work. It is so wonderful to be able to enjoy eating fat again. It is so satisfying. I feel full!

No comments:

Post a Comment