Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day 29

9 PM

Woke up this morning feeling terrible!  Complete fatigue.  Cough was worse again.

I managed to drag myself out of bed to go run some necessary errands, but I was so tired by the time I got back home I was starting to get worried about what was wrong.

It was the first sunny, warm day we've had in a looong time, so I decided to get some sun thinking maybe my Vit D was low despite taking 8000 IU a day.  Stayed out about 30 min and it did revive me a little, but it didn't last long.

I decided to stop reading the Paleo nutrition blogs and start reading about thyroid since it occured to me that maybe I was so tired because I had suddenly stopped taking nascent iodine a few days ago after reading that it could potentially cause harm to the thyroid gland on one of the websites.  In retrospect, stopping something like that cold turkey isn't the brightest of ideas.  And subsequently, the stuff I read today reconfirmed that it is a good idea to take iodine.  I haven't worked out all the details yet as there is so much to learn in this area, but I did go ahead a take a dose of the iodine about 4 PM just to get some in me rather than waiting to take it on an empty stomach in the morning like I usually do.

I also went ahead and ate some more chocolate in an effort to get the caffiene to stimulate me, which is what it did last night and why I didn't get to sleep until 4 in the morning.  But I didn't care.  I just wanted some energy.

My eating was also messed up today.  I got another burger at about noon while I was out running errands.  On the plus side, I went to Whole Foods after that and found some rice bread that I'm going to try as a substitute hamburger bun.  (I just couldn't get into the lettuce leaf bun concept.)  I plan to keep a couple of slices with me when I'm out so I can switch them out for the wheat buns.  But I'm hoping to get better about getting burgers at home since I buy good quality burger from Whole Foods.

About 2 PM I was really craving baked potato with tons of butter and salt, so instead of the usual coconut milk shake, I heated up the last of the chicken breast, the leftover green beans, and a medium sized red potato.  It weighed out to 185 gms before baking.  It was only later, when I was eating it that it occured to me that it wasn't 185 gms of carbs since there is also water in the potato.  I found online that 150 gms of potato has about 25 gms of carbs in it.  So I figure I ate about 30 gms of carbs.  I now realize I've overestimated the number of carbs in potato that I've eaten before due to that same mistake.  Made me happy.  I didn't feel so guilty about eating that big of a potato.  LOVED all the butter!

By 6:30 PM I was a little hungry so made the rest of the precooked bacon and ate that, but then that just made me hungrier, so I made a coconut milk shake, but I think it had too many fruit carbs in it because I was hungry again in a couple of hours and ate a little more chocolate, which just made me hungrier so I finally made a cheese quesadilla with the last tortilla, goat cheese and jalapenos that I had.  I can tell it's bad to spike my insulin that late in the afternoon/evening as it set me up for the evening munchies.

No comments:

Post a Comment