Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 26

1 PM

On the mend, but weak today.  Still going back to work though.  Hopefully it won't be too busy and I can get some sleep tonight.

I felt very depleted this morning.  Too many days without enough calories.  So at 6:30 this morning I heated up some leftover chicken breast from last week, baked a small red potato in the microwave and added some green beans.  I just felt the need for a full meal and that's what I had on hand.  The potato only had 25 grams of carbs in it and I used plenty of butter.  All I want to do today is eat some (good) calories.

At noon I made my usual coconut milk shake only this time I hit upon the brilliant idea of eating a piece of mom's leftover porkloin with it for protein instead of adding some type of protein powder.  (Sometimes I just miss the obvious.)  No need to worry about allergies and it's a lot cheaper than buying the powders.

Now I just wish I could find an allergy website as good as GutSense.org.

10 PM

A little tough this evening.  Had to eat dinner early - 3:30 PM - since I never know what time I'll have to go out when I go on call.  But then, of course I was hungry later and maybe I shouldn't be trying to go back to intermittent fasting already, but I really like how I feel when I'm doing it.

And then I was coughing so much and so hard that I had a couple of throat losenges because I didn't have any cough drops, but that was the closest thing to candy I've had in a month and it stirred some cravings.

Anyway, hope I'm done with visits for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment