Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 24

2 PM

Called in sick today, because god knows I am sick.  I would like to cut this itching nose off of my face.

However.... I have not taken any medicine and I'm very proud of this.  Nothing extra that my liver will just have to detoxify.  And I can't tell any difference.  I feel no better or worse than when I do take medicine.

Another thing.  For the first time in my life I can be sick and not have to eat.  It feels so incredibly good just to give everything a rest.  I've always wanted to be able to do this, but in the past hunger always drove me to eat even though I knew what my body really needed was a break from digesting in order to concentrate on healing.  Now, thanks to going Primal, I can do that.

I do wonder though if part of the reason I got sick was because I stopped taking fish oil a couple of weeks ago in case it might be causing the rash on my legs.  It didn't work, but I didn't add it back in as I was still taking things out.  However, now I have found the site Gut Sense and have read enough about it today that I feel confident that by following this doctor's program I will solve my eczema/rash problem as well as others.

I especially like that he mentions how people who start a low carb/low fiber diet often can't stick with it due to constipation and other problems that occur.  And the fact that I have continued to have constipation since I started eating primal has surprised me especially considering all the fat I've been eating.  I thought the fat would fix it.  Now I know why it hasn't.  I also appreciate all the information he gives on why fiber is not good for us. 

And another piece of the puzzle clicks into place ......

Later that night .....

About 5 PM I drank a shake of coconut milk blended with frozen strawberries, but I think it was too much all at once and spiked my insulin because I was craving carbs a few hours later.  I did cave and make a cheese quesadilla with a low carb tortilla, cheddar cheese and jalapeno peppers.  Not too awfully bad though and the jalapenos sure helped to open up my sinuses. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment