Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day 16

9 PM

Easy, but interesting day today. I had a little trouble getting to sleep and then woke up for a couple of hours at 5 AM. I was hungry and was looking at recipes while I was awake, but it wasn't a desperate hunger. In fact it felt kinda good to have an appetite like that.

But then I fell back to sleep and slept until 11 AM. So half the day was gone and I didn't get to find out how hard it would be during those last few hours of the fast.

I was tired of the turkey burger and the 'pancake' buns I'd made, but I did add some bacon to the burger which helped out a lot.

I made it out to Drug Emporium and Whole Foods for more supplies. The Jay Robb Egg Protein Powder was $7 a can cheaper than it was at Whole Foods. I'm glad I found that place. Found out I can get beef fat at Whole Foods whenever I want it. I just need to call a couple of days ahead to give them some lead time. They just throw it away. They'll also sell me some ground pork so I can put in my own seasonings since I don't like theirs.

The odd thing about today is by 3PM my body was aching - like I had the flu. All my long bones ache like my immune system has kicked in. I don't know if it is coincidence or if the fasting really did release more fat from the cells. Enough so that more stored 'gunk' was released into my blood stream and set off an immune or detox type of response. Weird though. Wish I knew for sure what was causing it.

Other than that, like I said, it was an easy day. I had another yummy Peach Protein shake, except I used some frozen peaches that I got at Whole Foods and they weren't as good as the locally grown ones I had. I wish I could get some more, but they sold out.

The shake kept me so full, I debated not eating again, but decided not to push things this early in intermittent fasting. I had my usual fried eggs with the few bits of bacon that were left from yesterday as well as 2 pieces of sausage. I barely got it eaten before 7 PM. It's now 2 1/2 hours later and I am, as usual, 'unhungry'. Thanks goodness for those magic eggs.

I have a busy day tomorrow and nothing prepared. Don't know what I'll do, but I'll probably get a burger and just try to be more prepared next time. I found some great recipes for paleo buns that I plan to make on Tuesay. I can freeze these so I can make extra and then take a couple out with me to sub out for the regular hamburger buns. That would take care of what to eat when away from home when I haven't made anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment